Sunday, June 23, 2013

Peace and Blessings

This past week has been crazy. I have seen God come through in amazing ways and I feel so blessed. This past Friday was the deadline for all our Catalyst funds that would go to buying the plane tickets for international outreach. I still had $2,200 left to raise on Monday and I didn't think it was possible to get all that money on time. God was really testing my faith in Him. Every morning I had to surrender my fears of not having the money in time and trust in the Lord to provide. I was reading through Matthew when I came across the verse in chapter 19, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." So I started to constantly repeat that in my mind whenever I felt discouraged. Then on the last day God came through. I had $290 to go on Friday after class and in a matter of 30 mins the money came in. It was a miracle.
Being at Catalyst has been amazing. I have been learning so much about the Lord and have drawn so much closer to Him. This week we have been talking about the way God speaks and reveals Himself to us. We started with the verse in 1Samuel that says, "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening." I have always been so inspired by that verse and hope to approach God like that when I speak to him on a daily basis. So during class we learned more about the ways in which God speaks and then practiced hearing his voice. It was so cool and encouraging to both pray for others and receive prayer.
This past Thursday was our first day of doing local outreach, which is something we will be doing every Tuesday and Thursday. I was so nervous at first to just go out on the streets of Tacoma and pray for people. We were split up into teams of four and our team went out near a university campus. My friend Jon and I started talking to this one guy that was an atheist but we didn't really get the chance to actually pray for him. Then as we were walking around Jon started talking to this other guy named Dibble. We ended up praying for him and he super encouraged by the things God revealed to him through us that we ended up sharing the gospel with him. We then asked him if he wanted to accept the Lord in his heart and he said he was finally ready. We prayed with him again and it was amazing. It was such an awesome moment to see this guy so moved and encouraged by the Lord. Definitely the highlight of my day! I can't wait to see what crazy things God does this next week because last week was insane!!! I'm so thankful to be here. Thank you all for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment